Tuesday, November 8

Dialogue

This is a piece I wrote back in June, thought I'd share it with you guys :) Here goes:


I opened my Quran. But all I saw was words. I just stared blankly at those words, until I realised my mind wasn’t there. I wasn’t concentrating. I just sat there in my room, trying to understand what was it that’s bothering me - that’s making me awfully sad. The struggles that I was (still am) going through, what do I do about them? I felt hopeless. I began to tear as I talk to Him about the feeling I was feeling inside. I told Him everything, even though He already knew. How could I not talk to Him, how could I not tell Him, how could I not turn to Him - when I knew He’s the only One who could help me? When I knew He’s the only One who could provide me with the strength I needed?

After all was out, I made my sujud. And in my sujud, I began to count all the blessings He has bestowed upon me. And the more blessings I named, the more I realised there’s more to it. It was so humbling and it reminded me of how being grateful is such a powerful thing.

I wiped away my tears. I stopped complaining. I told myself I’ll be fine.

He didn’t say, AFTER hardship comes ease, did He? He said, WITH hardship, comes ease.

I smiled because I began to see the ease. I kept smiling, until I could feel that I was smiling sincerely from the bottom of my heart.

It says in the Islamic tradition that, if you want to talk to Allah, pray (supplicate) to Him. If you want Allah to talk to you, read the Quran :)

So I turned back to my Quran. It’s time for Him to talk to (at) me.

Alhamdulillah ala kulli haal.

1 comment:

*Nadiah::Syaimaa'::Hamizah* said...

like!
selangkah kurapat padaMu, seribu langkah Kau rapat padaku..
huu

-syaimaa'-